Thursday, November 09, 2006

Ramblings of a transplanted Coloradan


Today's blog prompt 11/9: 13 things I like about living where I do

They have these "Native Coloradan" bumper stickers here. I'm not allowed to get one because I wasn't born here, LOL, but they have this great bumper sticker for people like me ...



My top 13 reasons I love living in Colorado ...
13) chilly nights by the fire with a mug of cocoa
12) seasons (I grew up in Anchorage, Alaska - and it always seemed like we had 2 seasons. Just summer and winter, not much transition between the two)
11) Garden of the Gods (see pictures below)


10) Pikes Peak - the inspiration for "America the Beautiful" (see pictures above)
9) The beautifully changing aspen leaves - if you go hiking and just stand still for a moment they not only *look* beautiful, but the sound of them rustling in the breeze is also beautiful
8) It's never too hot
7) It's never bitterly cold
6) camping
5) We had a blizzard (see my blog entry ... Blizzard) on Thursday October 27 and 2 weeks later it was in the mid 70's on Wednesday November 8 and I was wearing flip flops
4) If it's not a blizzard with ton's of snow, it can snow one day and be melted the next day - we've even had days where it's snowed in the morning and been melted by the afternoon of the same day
3) beautifully blue skies in daylight and a blanket of stars at night
2) Colorado sunsets (see the Garden of the Gods with Pikes Peak during sunset picture above)
and the number one reason I love Colorado
1) Colorado sunrises
'nuf said!

PS I would have loved to do this completely in pictures without any comments, but it took me 3 hours to find the perfect pictures that I *did* use, and since I have some actual work to get done today I will have to let those I did include suffice.

4 comments:

loonyhiker said...

The pictures were wonderful! I've never been to Colorado but now you make me want to come visit!

Unknown said...

They saw a picture is worth a thousand words and the pictures you posted are just that. Beautiful.

Glynis said...

I love Colorado! We spent our honeymoon in Estes Park...these pictures are fantastic!

carin.c said...

Fabulous photos! Breathtaking and beautiful. I'd like to see Colorado one day... unfortunately it is one place my work travels hasn't taken me.