Thursday, November 02, 2006

Ramblings of a Queen

blog prompt 11/2: What would you do if you were queen for a day?

I would start by getting up early (but not TOO early) so I could fully enjoy my day. After a luxurious bath (rather than the rushed shower I usually get), I would enjoy a scrumptious breakfast (cooked by someone else, of course!) while reading my email (nothing new there, but it would be so much more enjoyable to take my time)

After breakfast, I would head to a spa and enjoy a morning of pampering, knowing that my chores were being taken care of by the 'hired help' (you know, the teens in my house really hate it when I call them that, LOL)

While I enjoyed a light lunch, someone else would be taking care of my preschooler and whatever lunch he wanted for the day. After lunch I would spend the afternoon scrapbooking.

When the older children get home from school, we would all jump in our indoor pool for a swim while someone else prepares dinner. After dinner, we would retire to our 'rec' room and decide as a family whether we want to watch a movie in our home theatre, go bowling on our private alley, or maybe just enjoy each others company over a board game.

Soon, the preschooler would be heading to bed and the teens would be off to do homework in their rooms, at which point my husband and I would have an actual adult only conversation over a bottle of wine.

Wow, it is fun to dream!

3 comments:

carin.c said...

Sounds like a cool palace you've wished for yourself. Plenty of great indoor activities to keep everyone happy!

Anonymous said...

i love that your dream day includes everyone - and what a cool castle you have!

Unknown said...

I really like the part about the adult conversation. While all our kids are grown, we still have the grands nearly everyday and this month every night.