Friday, August 14, 2009

Aerosmith

Aerosmith has cancelled the remainder of their summer tour so that Steven Tyler can fully and properly recouperate from the injuries that he sustained during the August 5, 2009 concert at Sturgis.

Now for the straight scoop. Joe Perry was on a Detroit radio station on August 11 and said that Steve had two breaks in his shoulder blade and stitches stiches to his head, but nothing internal.

Straight from Steves lips,

He says that after a thunderstorm delay, the band was playing one of their best shows ever, when fuses started blowing and they had a complete audio system failure. But Tyler didn't want to stop playing. "I wanted to go out to the crowd to continue the show... so, the Train Kept A- Rollin' and I ran out on the cat walk and grabbed my mic to finish the song. I was doing the Tyler shuffle and then I zigged when I should have zagged... AND I slipped, and as I live on the edge...I fell off the edge!"

He says of his injuries, "I landed upside down, and after twenty stitches on the back of my head, and a broken left shoulder, I just want to say that I'm plain grateful that I didn't break my neck! In truth, after thousands of live shows, falling off the edge four times ain't too bad."


I'm continueing to send prayers and thoughts Steve's way. I feel for those that have tickets to concerts that are being cancelled, and feel very grateful that I finally got to see them in concert after all these years of wishing.

Here's a little layout from the concert using "Rockstar Wedding" by Silly Bean Scraps, clicking the photo will take you to this layout in my goDigitalScrapbooking.com gallery.




~ Thanks to aeroforceone.com for posting a video of the radio interview, Steve's lighthearted account of the incident (exerpt from which is in bold and italics above), and the photos & playlist from the concert which were used for the layout

No comments: